Hello! I created this post to help my fellow fanventure writers. I do not claim to be an expert fanventure writer, but I hope you find worth reading. [Note: This is most probably unfinished! I will be going back to this post to make changes and add things, so stay tuned!]
Have fun. Writing a fanventure is for you to be able to express yourself as well as to reach out to your readers. If you are not having fun making your fanventure, you should not be making one at all.
Stay motivated. Your readers may find it a bit inconvenient if you update your fanventure every once in a blue moon.
Have an even number of players. This makes it easy to incorporate the traditional “==>” symbol in your story. For example, if your session has six players, it would have “===>”, while a five-player session would have “==->”. Which seems easier?
Try to stick to the traditional player number. The kids have four, the trolls have twelve, the cherubs have two.
Make the number of squares in the Sburb symbol correspond to the number of players, but also make it aesthetically pleasing. Going back to my six-player example, don’t stack the squares underneath the bottom. Try putting them at the sides, in between the top and bottom squares (sort of the like the trolls’ Sburb symbol, but smaller).
Try coming up with your own suffix for Sburb. After all, there’s the entire Greek alphabet. If you really want to be creative, find a letter that rhymes with “beta” or “alpha”.
- the tab and apple juice codes aren’t correct, i just needed something to illustrate the point.
- this is really the basic stuff, the machines can be upgraded!
- a punch card shunt can be added along with a jumper block extension. the jumper block extension attaches to the alchemiter, and you then put punched cards into the punch card shunt, which goes into the jumper block extension. this allows you to change the alchemiter itself. for example, dave puts in a blender which causes the alchemiter to blend objects—rendering it useless.
- a holopad can also be added to the alchemiter to preview items that will be created.
- the intellibeam laserstation is used to extract ‘hidden’ captcha codes that are unreadable through any other method. for example, sburb disks.
someone wanted a reference on troll’s mouths?
- the inside of the mouth is light grey with a dark tongue—(it’s sometimes been portrayed with the opposite in scribble mode though)
- lips are naturally black
- teeth are white and shape depends on the character
- although i guess it’s interesting to note that feferi and eridan are drawn with exactly the same teeth
- although this may be down to the fact they seem to be based on terezi’s ‘bluh’
- teeth usually grow back
- sollux has one tongue as far as canon suggests
- sollux once called a mouth a meal tunnel
- and karkat used shout sphincter?
- and… squawk gaper
- talk blaster was used in meenahbound part 2 (KARKAT: OK, I’M PROBABLY JUSTS STICKING MY FOOT IN MY FUCKLING TALK BLASTER YET AGAIN)
- and then there’s protein chute also shortened to chute
- they use mouth a lot more though
- i guess.. that’s it?
Since I sprited the dress I figured why the fuck not
This is Angelic Pretty’s Milky Plant OP in homestuck sprite form (+ some accessories and the pattern to use on a matching head bow or anything to that effect) I did all 4 colors it was made in but you can always change them
“where are the legs????”
you just stick the dress onto any base you like (I recommend fan-troll’s high heel base)
also if you use anything (other than the glasses because those were just a simple edit i decided to add in) credit is nice (but you don’t have to give it just don’t claim it as your own)
now go and have kawaii as shit sprites